This year was the first year celebrating Thanksgiving both in Naperville and (with the exception of Amanda- who is always a wonderful addition I might add-) by ourselves.
I decorated, cooked, baked... and cooked some more. Trae conquered the turkey in the smoker.
Yes, conquered. That bird is the star of the show, and this was one good turkey.
Thank you to our moms who do it every year- it is a lot of work- and I hope to leave it to you this coming thanksgiving.
Write and Receive Thanksgiving Cards:
How different is this fridge vs. my plaza fridge of beer and wine?!
The day before: broccoli salad, cornbread for the stuffing, & the pumpkin pie
Thanksgiving morning:
Our guest:
The cake Paula mailed to us- Yes, mailed!
Appetizers: goat cheese with cranberries and almonds
(we did not eat until dinner time.)
Christmas Ale from Clevelandtown:
The bird at rest:
(timing is tricky!)
Homemade noodles:
Amanda took charge. NOOOODLES!
(Daugherty family joke. sorry if you're on the outside)
Go Liz! And Liz's awesome Apron!
Dinner is served.
Arugula and Spinach salad with Pear Vinaigrette:
Canned cranberry sauce: a Trae request. ha.
gross but easy, so I couldn't complain.
Smoked turkey:
Homemade Black Pepper Noodles:
Cornbread and Chorizo Stuffing:
And last, and yes least,
unintentionally burned maple & pecan sweet potatoes:
All together now:
Dessert Bar:
Thank you to Amanda for all your help!
She also brought the beautiful chocolate ganache & mascarpone cake.
(I think those two components were in it- if my memory serves me correctly.
I do remember that it was delicious. And extremely unnecessary. )
No comments:
Post a Comment