Friday, August 16, 2013

a tribute to iowa: the place where this housewife got her start

Since moving to iowa (and the changes that came with it)
became the inspiration for this blog,
I wanted to post a commemorative blog of how I spent my time there
(since I never got around to actually posting all the pictures I took!)

Here's a brief depiction of my many endeavors...

I planted my very first (and very small) garden 
in a flower bed out back:



I actually hosted a get-together where people didn't sit on my bed. 
(Pumpkin 'bowl' from a fall 'chili/soup/our bathroom & house is complete!'
 party we hosted. Bowl used to hold halloween candy.
I forgot to take pictures of the party- 
but I made a beer-cheese soup which I recall tasting ok?!)



First time painting ANYTHING.. including, but not limited to, walls and furniture.
I say not limited because per Trae, I am now about to be banned from spray paint. 



First time planting ANYTHING- including outdoor planters and a tree. 
(linda did my hanging baskets on the plaza- I can't take credit.)



First time using a stud-finder. A wall stud. Not trae.
(good one liz) 
To this day, I still like my little hanging plates, 
although the scale needed to be larger. 




First time tiling anything.



First time selecting finishes for a home- 
some were better choices than others.




Finally, the first time I tried to learn to cook.
(and am very much still learning mind you)

spinach & green apple salad
(perhaps too many apples)



 it looks like meat and potatoes for trae, with a mini-wedge salad. 
I am sure the herbs got scraped off the chicken (oops!)



first and only cinnamon rolls-
looked better than they tasted. 



again, this pretty carrot cake had the classic
baking soda vs. baking powder mix up.. 
wah, wah. 



first and only apple pie
(getting better)




 flank steak pinwheels- (prior to grilling!)
a trae favorite and will be made again



margarita cookies
(for a cinco de mayo party)
at this time I started making things for people 
(other than trae) to eat.



A favorite from our trip to Savannah-
croissant french toast




 nutella pinwheel cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment