Friday, August 16, 2013

diary of a designer: the new plaza apartment

You can take the job away from the interior designer,
but you can't take the designer away from her next stint. :) 

My sister Amanda is moving into my old plaza apartment building,
which elates the entire family 
(for a number of reasons).

This past weekend I was emailed this:



and received a phone call asking for any ideas..
while I don't think any of the daugherty girls are inept,
(thanks to crazy and her constant redecorating)
I was happy to send her some concepts
that perhaps she hadn't considered.

The apartment is a deluxe studio, so the problem basically 
boils down to: where to put the bed?
I LOVE a good space planning challenge. Love it. 
Seriously.

(On this note, if anyone ever has a floorplan (or room dimensions)
that they want an opinion on, please feel free to send them my way.)

Therefore, my sunday afternoon (happily) consisted of this:




with the current favorite being this: 
(or something similar)



In addition, she was looking for a little color palette inspiration,
and would like to use the color 'orange'.

 favorites thus far:
Complimentary: shades of orange and blue
Split complimentary: orange and blue green & blue-violet
Monochromatic: all neutral (mostly creams & white)
but with pops of vibrant colors, taken from her plaza surroundings.
(bring the outside in!)

Color inspiration: 









I'll keep you updated and post pictures of the apartment
 this fall once the project is complete.
I think it'll be cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment