Below are a few new recipes that I've tried,
as the weather sways in-between the last days of summer
and the first cool days of fall .
and the first cool days of fall .
Recipe 1: Asian lettuce wraps
jasmine rice, ground chicken, mushrooms,
green onion, cucumber, and
a homemade spicy peanut sauce...
and of course, lettuce.
Recipe 2: Sweet potato pasta
(pasta purchased at farmer's market)
mixed with a little olive oil, goat cheese and
fresh sage from my 'garden'
Recipe 3:
Spinach salad with grilled peaches & onion
... and of course goat cheese
Recipe 4: Homemade Enchilada Sauce
(I only had green onions this week-
they gave the sauce flavor while it was simmering-
and then they were discarded)
Served over rice with lime, corn, and beans
Recipe 5: Indian chicken
(I have decided that due to the lingering smells
this recipe created in the kitchen...
so this won't be re-made).
Recipe 9: Home-made Light Ranch
(greek yogurt, buttermilk, fresh herbs from garden + parsley, & a dash of evoo)

Recipe 10: Chocolate Chip Cookies for the neighbor
(I locked myself out of the house.... again.)
& herb butter (with herbs from my planters) is created
....when life hands you cream... :)
Recipe 15: Cuban inspired sandwich
(with farmers market crudites)
Spinach salad with grilled peaches & onion
... and of course goat cheese
Recipe 4: Roasted veggie pizza
Roasted farmers market peppers (and even corn?!),
sauteed mushrooms & onions,
with parsley, goat cheese...
...and bacon (for trae)
Recipe 4: Homemade Enchilada Sauce
(I only had green onions this week-
they gave the sauce flavor while it was simmering-
and then they were discarded)
Served over rice with lime, corn, and beans
Recipe 5: Indian chicken
(I have decided that due to the lingering smells
this recipe created in the kitchen...
so this won't be re-made).
Recipe 6: Trae makes blue cheese stuffed burgers.
Recipe 7: Spinach & chickpea dip
(with leftover avocado and feta).. heavens.
Recipe 8: Gazpacho with avocado
Recipe 9: Home-made Light Ranch
(greek yogurt, buttermilk, fresh herbs from garden + parsley, & a dash of evoo)
Recipe 10: Chocolate Chip Cookies for the neighbor
(I locked myself out of the house.... again.)
extras for trae:
Recipe 11: Black-bean raspberry chipotle dip
(for the first football game of the year)
Recipe 12: Vietnamese deconstructed spring roll dish
(cucumbers, carrots, lime, cashews, rice noodles and shrimp)
...and basil...
the vietnamese restaurant in downtown naperville adds basil-
very good! Trae approved.
Recipe 13: Smashed potatoes
aka crash hot potatoes by the pioneer woman
(baby sized potatoes- boiled,
then smashed with a fork & baked until crispy)
Recipe 14: Oops I made butter from cream.
(was trying for homemade whipped cream)
... so homemade lavender-honey butter
(with lavender from my planters)
& herb butter (with herbs from my planters) is created
....when life hands you cream... :)
Recipe 15: Cuban inspired sandwich
(with farmers market crudites)
No comments:
Post a Comment