Friday, October 4, 2013

company is coming!

Below are some of the details I like to tend to 
before we have visitors. 
In late september, john and linda came up for the weekend,
and I took some pictures of the prep work & the visit.

Fresh flowers
(this time I just went out to the yard- hydrangeas from bush out front)
i promise to put them in the guest room and guest bath as well!


Spruce up decor...
both inside and out
(new pillows)


new mums


the iris' must have known we were having company,
they finally stopped wilting and sprouted


thank you mum for the mums out front! 
we actually planted these on saturday.




Also, I cooked a little something.
they were guinea pigs to a lot of new recipes
I've been wanting to try. 

Appetizer tray: for the late night arrival



Oatmeal bake- easy & tasty! 


Autumn Sangria-
with apples, pears, oranges, cinnamon, and cloves
(I incorporated the fall spices when I made the simple syrup.)


 Sunday night dinner:
wild-caught salmon, roasted brussel sprouts, 
farmer's market porcini pasta with tossed with truffle oil,
fresh arugula salad & steamed artichoke






Egg baked in a tomato
(with a little swiss on top &
stuffed with a little leftover pancetta & basil)



Thank you to all our visitors! We've loved having you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment