Thursday, December 6, 2012

travel journal: a day at wrigley

One cool Saturday a few weeks ago (Sept. 2012), Trae and I decided to take the train 
(and then another train) to downtown/wrigleyville to spend a great day at the Cubs game 
before the end of baseball season. 
Here is a look....


10:33 a.m. train to Union Station downtown;
beers opened approx. 10:35 a.m.
(yes, you can bring alcoholic beverages on the train)




Approx. 11:45 arrive at Union Station 
(Pictured below)
It was the first time I had my camera with me when I was at the train station; it's kind of pretty.






Then walk a few blocks to hop on the Red Line to Wrigleyville.
Pictured below is the Red Line Stop. 
This picture is taken from within the stadium; It's close!



We have arrived (and climbed some very steep stairs to get to the nose-bleed section); 
they were the cheapest tickets we could get off the street :)





Look closely and you'll see a sliver of the lake just past the buildings.



 Roof top seats on surrounding buildings.




Cheese. and Cheers.


 


 View from the top. The very top. 






The Suites. So Fancy. 




The Cardinals ended up beating the Cubs. Needless to say, we really didn't care.



 I would like to title the following...'where's the dog?' 
Chicago style hot dog joint a few blocks away. 
 A hole in the wall... with  3 seats and good reviews.



This may have been the healthiest hot dog I've ever consumed.
And then it was back to Naperville.







No comments:

Post a Comment